Tuesday 28 October 2014

wk 9 - Digi Queens Colouring Inspiration

Welcome back to another day of lovely Colouring Inspiration from our Digi Queens team!


Tait - Hi guys, im back again for another fun inspiration card for you. I have used the very beautiful Seashore Shannon this week, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her - I really wanted to show just how beautiful the image is, so I have coloured her all in grey tones with copic markers. With the card I wanted it to be simple and showcase the image more than the embellishments so I have just used some distressed papers, a couple of bits of lace and some shells to finish it off. I hope you enjoy :D


You can get the digi here:
http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=6992
I have coloured this image with copic markers using only the Cool Grey tones.


Cara.....
I have used the stunning Octavia Best friends Digi image today and coloured her up in Sepia tones using my Graph'it markers and added highlights with my gold glitter shake marker.  I was going for an autumnal theme and chose feathers and leaves as my embellishments and added vintage gold and white frantage powder to finish the card.


You can get the digi here

Octavia Best Friends digistamp

Janine - hi everyone! I just love the Winston CD and I couldn't resist this fabby digi stamp of Winston chillin' out in his boat; I think he's so cool!  To colour this gorgeous image I thought I would take inspiration from Nikky and use my Pan Pastels - it was a bit of a learning curve but I'm happy with the results. However I did use a few pencils in certain areas to add a little extra depth. I decided to make it a CAS card so the background layers are quite simple. To finish off I added a few hand drawn fish and some buttons. 

You can get the digi here
                                                                           
I used the following Pan Pastels: Turquoise, Bright Yellow Green, Phthalo Green, Burnt Sienna Shade, Permanent Red, Permanent Red Tint, Violet Tint, Titanium White, Diarylide Yellow, Black.

Christine - Hi peeps, another Christmas card from me! I've used the gorgeous 'Presents' for my card this week from the Work and Play 5 Festive Hollybobs Collection CD.  I also used some digi paper from that CD too.  I do love colouring in red - though it's such a tricky colour - it can so easily bleed.  I'm also experimenting with my background shading - going for slightly deeper to make the image stand out more.  Like her dotty dress and headband?  Easy to achieve with a white gel or poster paint pen.  I did the sentiment on the PC and used Dies for the image, sentiment, & the holly.


You can get the Festive Hollybobs Collection CD at Polka Doodles here:


It's such a wonderful Christmas collection brim full of fabulous-ness!

Here are the Copic colours I used:
Skin E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E21, E34, E23
Dress and Headband: R24, R29, R46., E57
Holly: G21, G99
Shading: W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, plus plenty of blender pen
I used a Sharpie Poster Paint Pen for the white dots.
 
Fi - Hi folks and here's my latest card.  I have used this little cutie called Luna which you can find here in the Polka Doodles store.  I coloured her in with alcohol markers.  I made the background with my floral fusions die-namics die which I layered onto card which I coloured with distress inks.  The bottom part of the backing has been embossed with the same die.  I added a piee of ribbon around the join just to finish it off a bit.  The bow has been fastened to the card and a rolled rose has been attached.  I added some teeny pearls to the centres of the dies cut backing....hope you like!....




Spectgrum Noirs used:
Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6
Hair - EB1, EB2, GB8, GB10
Clothes - IB3, CT4, CT2

What fabulous creations the team have made! Super duper lushty! 
We'll be back on Friday with more inspiration and our Polkadoodles challenge but in the meantime don't forget to pop on over to see what the 
Digi Choosday 
team are up to today HERE. See you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!