Friday 3 February 2012

Week 5 - Show Some Love (With Hearts) & BLOG CANDY

Hello everyone, we are showing the luuuurve here at Polkadoodles this week with some more blog candy up for grabs this week! We have so many exciting things happening right now, a lot of which we can't share but pleeeease watch out for a new CD collection coming up in the next couple of weeks and lots of lovely new rubber stamp releases!

GNPE at Harrogate will be here next month and we'll be unveiling some lovely designs there so we hope to catch up with everyone...we're hoping we may have a surprise guest we just know you'll want to meet too! Anyone who ordered our first Pen and Paper Circle club kit will be itching to get your hands on it I know and it will, as promised, start to ship out on 15th Feb so not long to go! woohoo! Anyway, over to the challenge this week...
Hi Everyone, it's Lana here today to host this weeks challenge, but before I do let's find out the winners from challenge 3 which was Nikky's fab sketch

1st place - Jo Price2nd place - Neli3rd place - Jane

Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and blinkies - the first placed winner receives an as yet unreleased brand new stamp! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.  We were also supposed to announce winners of our candy for reaching 1000 followers last week and completely forgot! So the winners picked at random to each win a stamp are: Margaret, Christy Beans, ButterflyAmanda, Auntie Nonie, and Flowergirl! Please email us with your snail mail addys!
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Right for this weeks challenge I want you to Show us some Love and use heart(s) on your creations! Deadline for entries is Sunday 12 February at 12noon GMT - good luck!
Take a look at the fab DT creations and let us inspire you to join us and remember Valentines day is just a few weeks away ;)  The winner of this challenge will win a £10 voucher to spend on the Polkadoodles website! woohoo!

Lana - I decided to make a funky card for this challenge and used 'Sugar Birdies'. It's full of fab and funky goodness! I just love this cute little owl and can see me using her time after time.
Daniele, for this weeks challenge I have used the image, papers and sentiment from The Sundae of Season Cd summer collection, I coloured the image and then covered with glamour dust adding glossy accents to the hearts, bow and nose.
Josie: This week I used the image and papers from the Pretty Sweet and Magical Winter CD Roms. The image and ribbon are coloured with a mixture of Pro Markers and FlexMarkers.
Claire: I have used elements from the Pretty sweet cd to create Morgan's birthday card. Alongside hearts from the Double sprinkle of kraft cd and alphas from Sugar Birdie cd.

Doreen: I used for my card the lovely Teddybear from the Sundae of Seasons CD (Summer). The bear is so cute. The pink paper is from the Sugar Birdies CD. But the grey paper....I'm not sure...I believ is the Pretty Tuff CD. It was from stash and therefore I forgot from which CD ;)  It was simply perfect for my card. I embellished with pearls and a heart.
Anne - As you can see I've not used the traditional reds and pinks but have instead gone for these gorgeous blue papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD. You'll find them in the spring collection. Next came the lovely Piper from the Pretty Sweet CD, isn't she pretty coloured with the blue tones. Love how she's sitting on the fence thinking of her sweetheart.
Fliss I've gone for a pretty pink and green colour combination for my card which is more about love than a Valentine. My image together with the rosebud papers and sentiment are from the Pretty Sweet CD. The green dotty paper is from Pretty Tuff and the textured kraft paper from A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft. The cute girl is coloured with Promarkers and I used various dies including a Marianne Designs doily die for shape cutting.
Miria For my easy peasy card I used coloured image and paper from the cd Love and Cherish, they're for a wedding but I think they can be perfect for a Valentine card. I put a secret message inside and added just some rhinestones and a ribbon.

Ashley -- For this weeks challenge, I used the Double Sprinkles of Krafts CD , I just love the polka dot paper, and the sweet little Owl.
Lou: unfortunately I couln't play along with my team last week, so have decided to gate crash onto this weeks challenge . . . I wonder if Ruth will notice !?!?!? (YES I HAVE!!) I have made a non-traditional "love themed" card using the fab Wonderland stamp set and Wonderland CD. All my images have been coloured with Fexmarkers and Promarkers. Finished with some gem and punched hearts, ooohhh and a little bit of netting!
Nikky...I almost didn't make it in time this week but it's my Mum's birthday tomorrow and I kinda forgot to make her a special card (crept up on me!) so I had to rifle through my stash box for one. It gave me a great idea - so I have disassembled this card and remade it to fit the challenge...kinda upcycling in a way or maybe a true recycle! Anyway, all the papers are from Pretty Sweet CD. I happened to find the girl already printed out and just cut her out - this is what I love about CD's SO SO much! and in all it took me about 15 mins to make (most of which was making the heart LOL).
Ruth: You will have to look closely at mine for the heart - but it is there!! I've used a template I found ages ago on the internet and I've taken one of the papers from Paper Boutique Vol 1 and used this as my base, adding flowers and other bits for sparkle.

AlanFor this project l used Double Sprinkles of Kraft and Sugar Birdies. I wanted to build up a card just by using printed elements from the cd's and with just a few crafting tools construct a card.

So that's it! Over to you - good luck with the challenge - the link will stay open until Sunday 12 February at 12noon GMT.




7 comments:

  1. Oh fab thanks for chossing my card as a runner up on week 3s challenge and well done to the other winners x
    Lovely Dt cards for this chalenge shall try and find time to join in again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. excitement.com, this is my very first time of entering a challenge blog as i am very new to blogging. Luckily i have just finished my card today and thankfully had added a few heart pins. Some gorgeous DT cards fingers crossed, good luck everyone xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. apologies. didnt realise my blogpost was older than the challenge and cant find where to delete it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations by the DT.Great inspiration and challenge.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!