Friday 10 June 2011

Week 23 Challenge - Something for Dad

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! The theme this week is to make Something for Dad - if you are stuck for ideas just have a look at the Design Team inspiration below!

Before we move on, I need to announce the winners from Challenge 21 which was the Male theme - the blog hop does not end until Sunday, so if you've not already entered, there is still time!!

First Place: Dorcas
Second Place: Mandy
Third Place: Lollydolly

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies!

The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

We had an extra challenge in Week 21 and the three winners from the hop challenge all win a Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD! These winners are:


Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your postal details!

1. Rose
2. Ruby
3. Rosie

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with this week's challenge - the closing date is Sunday 19 June at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've made a simple folding card using the Father's Day download. I've traced the large letters onto the funky patterned papers and doodled a stitched line around the outside of the letters. The bloke ribbon is from my stash and it holds the whole thing together!


D'Anne - Today, I want to share a card I designed using the Not for Girls CD-ROM. I choose to work with the scooter collection. The digital background paper was printed out and then ran through an argyle embossing folder. Then I printed the other layers out three times and layered them with 3-d tape. Next, I added two antique brads which gives the card a masculine appearance. You could create a girls card by simply putting rhinestones or pearls in place of the antique brads. You have a super scooter weekend!


Audrey For this Father's Day Card I used the Father's Day/Family Download. I sewed around the edges of the card with a dark grey floss. I used my Cricut to cut out the ties and used 3D Dots so make them pop. I also inked all the edges of the papers as well.


Emma, Hiya, I made a gift tag to attach to a gift for Dad. I used elements from the Polkadoodles Father/Family download, I just added some twine and some faux brads by Craftworkcards


Saskia - Isn't this a cute card for Dad? I used the Nellienoo elephant stamp. The papers are from the A Double Sprinkle Of Craft cd-rom and the sentiment from the Daisy Doodles stamp plate. Enjoy crafting!



Colette My card is more male themed, but could easily be adapted to a Fathers Day card just by changing the wording, the photo could be of the child or children the card is from. I have used the helicopter template from Paper Boutique Vol III, but turned it into a rocker card. I cut the windows out and replaced them with acetate, adding the photo behind one of them, a bit of stickles to the lights finished it off.


Fliss: For my card, I've again done a vintage style one using the gorgeous vintage car background and one of the car stampies from the Not For Girls CD. I added the paper to the card with kraft photo corners for interest. I then embossed a white card panel with the Cuttlebug gears folder, sponged and swiped it with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress inks then added peel off hinges and twine. I finished off with some chipboard gears grunged up with Black Soot DI and some Dymo printed text.


Lou: I have used the fab Polkadoodles Father/Family download and love the backing papes as there are so versatile. Simple mat and layering techniques from me this week (nothing fancy), handcut stars, punched hearts, some buttons and twine. The "Dad"was made using up old Letraset rub on letters.


Claire - I have used the tool box from Paper Boutique Vol 3 to create my Happy Birthday Dad card - ideal! Just adding some great woodgrain embossed card, screw brads and a bit of doodling!


Lis-m - I have used the fab new download for Fathers day from the shop , designed by our fabulous Nikky Hall... This really was a quick cut and stick card, a little string and a button.. Hey presto! Just shows how fantastic these papers really are !!



Miria: My card is a CAS one. The papers are from Not for girls and Double Sprinkles of Kraft, then I added some alphie brads and buttons. For the punched tag I used some recycled cardboard.


Dee: I decided to make a small gift for my Dad. I've had this plastic case knocking around the workroom for a little while so I decided it was time to do something with it. I used papers and letters from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD, East of India ribbon and a brad. I printed the letters onto Letraset's Safmat

Josie: This week I decided to use some elements on the Not for Girls CD Rom. I chose red glitter paper to add some sparkle to the backing paper, and some buttons for a bit of texture.

Good luck with the challenge! Closing date is Sunday 19 June at 12noon GMT!
*****


7 comments:

  1. wow, thanks so much for choosing me for the top 3 - I'm off to email Nicky now! :-)

    thanks again for a great challenge!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful DT creations as ever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO happy I found your blog! The DT's cards are just wonderful and full of inspiration. Thanks for the fun challenge.
    Cindy Porter http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for a wonderful challenge and as always the projects made by the DT are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous DT cards & fabbie challenge, Cheers :D
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!