Friday 2 April 2010

Week 13 Challenge - Birthday!

Once again it is Friday so that can only mean another Polkadoodle Challenge! I am your hostess this week and as it is my Birthday on Tuesday I've set the challenge of:

Birthday!

You can make a Birthday card for anyone you wish, just as long as it is a Birthday theme. We only have a few rules - for the theme to be followed and your card to be entered into no more than 10 challenges including Polkadoodles. If you accept the challenge, please enter the direct link back to your blog post on Mr Linky below. And good luck! You have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 11 April to enter.

Before I show you the wonderful samples from the Design Team, here are the top three from Week 11 which was Nikky's challenge of a sketch and colour theme:

First Place: Gail
Second Place: JenniferRose
Third Place: Debra

Well done! Please contact Nikky for more details and for your blinkies!

Kris - I thought I wasn't going to make the celebration! I'm again using up some of my older scraps and I thought Polly with a great big old cupcake would be just perfect for this. I added a bunch of glitter glue and glossy accents on the cherry. Happy Birthday Ruth!



Enfys - Now I happen to know that this image is one of Ruth's favourites, so couldn't resist using it. I layered the elements up a bit for added dimension, the papers are a mixture from various Polkadoodles CD's, and the buttons were punched with Martha's button punch. Happy Birthday Ruth xx



Nikky: Happy Birthday Ruthie!! Here I've used lots of bits and pieces but all the papers are from Paper Boutique, sometimes it's not until you actually start to use something that you realise how much is on it or how versatile it is and I think that's the case with this CD, I love it. Sorry for the pic overload but there's a few pages to this...





I made this from the base of the Funky Flower template and folded them back to back, inserting ribbons between to tie together. I've made a ribbon flower by tying bows in ribbons and then just gluing them together on top of a paper circle for strength. I added a butterfly which I made a couple of weeks ago from my first hashed attempt at Pergamano and then doodled, added buttons and distressed the edges. Hope you like it Ruth, I'm not sending it, mwwwaaahahahahahahhaha!! It's going in the show sample box LOL, I'm such a witch, I know!...

Ruth: I've used the front elements of the Sparkle Cake from Paper Boutique, layered them all up and added the necessary glitter to the icing layers! I've printed directly onto the card blank - and used the backing paper from the same collection along with the sentiment backer too. More details are on my blog!

Brenda - Background paper from Back to Nature CD as is the peacock which I printed off five times onto cardstock and cut with nesties to create a pyramage effect. Flowers on the centre band and greeting from the stamp set which matches the BTN CD.



Kerry - Happy Birthday Ruth and here is my gift to you. All papers are from Back to Nature and I've used the Polkadoodles stamps for the flowers. I added some Stickles on her hat. Have a great Birthday.



Nettie: Happy, Happy Birthday Ruth!! Here is my card for you. It's a dinky one this week and I have kept it simple but very girly. I have used the Paper Boutique papers and images for this one and added a little bling.


Dee. 2 cakes in one here for you Ruth so you may need to ration yourself, or just ignore the calories. I used the A5 template, decoupage, toppers and backing papers from the Cupcake Treat section on the Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD. I added some card candy, ribbon, flowers, fancy brad and a couple of rub-ons to complete the look.

Claire - Happy Birthday Ruth - I decided to give the wonderful Secret Garden template a go for my birthday card. With some added interest in the form of crackled glass effect with UTEE. Please note I know you are younger than me....so this is more a comment on my complexion!


Fliss: Happy Birthday Ruth! I decided to make a wildly floral card in the hope Spring will turn up and stay. I made the background paper with the Daisy Doodles stamps (instructions on my blog) and made a small vase of flowers from the Floral Bouquet Collection on the Paper Boutique CD. I made a large easel style card and embossed one side then added all the pieces with a sentiment printed on the same collection editable decorations.


Kate Happy Birthday Ruth! - It's a good job these aren't real cakes we've all made you - You'd be huge! I layered up the cake stampie from Love and cherish and teamed it with backing papers from Sugar Birdies as they go together so well. The cherries are also from SB I have added them on 3D foam to use as the stop for my easel. I have even been very brave and done some stamping on it using polkadoodles stamps! (don't look too close -you will see it is a bit blurred!)
Good luck if you decide to enter our challenge and you have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 11 April to enter!
......

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ruth, very beautiful yummy cards, all so full of talent! Happy Easter to the fab team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ruth.Gorgeous DT cards,I will try and make a special card with you in mind.

    I was lucky enough to be in First Place with the Blue and Brown challenge,I've tried e-mailing Nikky but the e-mail just gets returned unable to send.Who should I contact about my prize.
    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, hope you have a great one. Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Amazing DT cards
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards team!
    Happy Birthday Ruth!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies Gail, the email address was slighty wrong and has now been corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you didn't put up a stink about your birthday, hope you had a Happy One.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday from me.
    Oh what lovely cards you girls have made. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Ruth,
    Hugs Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have great birthday Ruth
    Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Ruth, hope you had a good one. I love the new Paper Boutique cd rom and I have enterd the challenge. I have linked with Mr Linky. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous DT samples! Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Ruth! Gorgeous cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. merci pour ces supers challenges

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, just uploaded my card for the challenge. Big Hugs from Malta !!! Dora xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never can have enough birthday cards.. great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi ladies! I just stopped by to enter my project and wish you all a great weekend! Just in case Mr Linky is out enjoying his weekend too, my project can be found HERE.
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!