Friday 14 November 2014

Week 46 - Clean and Simple - Polkadoodles Challenge

It's Friday! And it's the start of another fabulous challenge here at Polkadoodles.

This fortnights challenge...

Clean and Simple.

You will have until Friday 28th November, noon GMT, to enter.
You do not have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges, 
and the rules for the challenges are over there in the side bar ---->

THE WINNER OF THIS CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE A FABULOUS DOWNLOAD BUNDLE WORTH £5 FROM THE DIGISTORE....

Make sure you get this date in your diary as Nikky will be on 
Create and Craft on Thurs 20th November 
which is next week with another fabulous Polkadoodles show - don't miss it because there's something special going on! 

 Let's take a look at what the team have to share this week...

Scatty Jan I absolutely adore the Octavia collection - This card uses Octavia Friendly Hugs and she is coloured using Graph'It Markers - I am not usually a CAS crafter but I do think Octavia is such a lovely digi she speaks out on her own xx


Asha - Not being CAS-worthy I struggled to make this card. For my project, I used Libby the gypsy girl from the Fredericka Mini CD collection and dressed her up in Christmassy colours with the help of Graph'It markers.  You can also download Libby as a single digistamp. The sentiment is from Gingerbread Twist. Somehow it seemed appropriate, given my fertile imagination! A little gold choc wrapper, gold stitching, 3 eyelets, a few Liquid Pearl droplets and it's done.


AnnaI don't often make cards in the Clean and Simple style, but here it is - a very simple and uncomplicated card. The background is made from a corrugated cardboard and on it, just a beautiful image of a Teddy Bear from the Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD collection, and a tiny clothes pin on the bow.


Karon - Well, CAS hmmmm!  This is probably as close as I will ever come to a CAS card.  The temptation to add bling to those snowflakes was really hard to resist.  As is, I had to add ribbon and the embossed background ;-)  I used the pre-coloured snowman off the fabulous Work & Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs collection, and decoupage him.  The sentiment is from A Home for Christmas CD collection.


Cheremane - It's really hard for me to do CAS as I just love using ribbon and bling, But I have to say I really did enjoy making this card and maybe its a start of more cas from me. I have used the gorgeous Octavia Thinking Digistamp and delicately coloured her added a little glamour dust along with some simple mat and laying and just one gem as I just couldn't resist.


Ashley -  I have a very hard time with open white space I feel like its so limiting but it is also amazing! Okay well let me stop rambling, look at this beauty, I am so proud that I was able to do CAS. I used the  Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs collectionI can not stress this enough, if you do not have this set you NEED it! IT has the absolute best digi  images of the season!



Leah - Like most of my counterparts, I have a wee bit of trouble with CAS, however, who doesn't love a good challenge!  I used Octavia Best Friends for this project, and what a spectacular image she is to color!  I want to try her in all different hair and eye colors.  I colored her with my Prismacolor Pencils on vellum, then used 2 simple layers to put her in a shadowbox frame, along with ribbon and one die cut.  The quote by George Eliot speaks volumes for myself and many others.  I really love the look of the shadowbox, and I can see a few more of them in my future!  I have also discovered that glass is very hard to photograph!  There are a few reflections in there :P


Melanie - I love clean and simple cards - I would definitely say it's my style! Don't feel you need to use a white card blank to get this look - the emphasis is on placement and embellishments (or lack of them!), making sure your finished product is unfussy and uncluttered.  For this card I used the lovely black & white postcard from the Festive Hollybobs CD. I mounted it onto a kraft card blank at an angle, coloured the holly leaves with my pens and added a subtle pop of red with some gems for berries. I then simply tied the card with red & brown twine and added my sentiment. So simple!


Wow - Amazing inspiration from the Design team this week.

It's sure to get those creative juices flowing :-)

Please do not forget, there are a maximum of 2 entries per person.

Have a fabulous week everyone.

****
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!