Friday 31 October 2014

Week 44 - Recycle It - Polkadoodles Challenge

Happy Friday Everyone!
Before we get to the challenge we have a brand new release here this week and it's fabulous as ever...
Welcome to Work & Play 7!! You can order this here now:

Today we start a brand new challenge
Recycle It!
You can Recycle anything you wish - and this can be something as simple as reusing a bit of ribbon!
You have until Friday 14th November  noon GMT to enter. Just please follow the rules in the sidebar. You don't have to use our products to enter!
THE WINNER OF THIS CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THIS BRAND NEW COLLECTION WHICH IS WORTH £11.99!

Soooo let's see what the team have created for us...

Katie - So what have we all to recycle and update. I have used an old Pen and note holder peg that looked like this

So I used Pretty Tuff CD ROM to make this organiser for a boys desk. Here is the finished project. I cannot wait to see what you all come up with. Have fun and Keeeeeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

Sandie - Wow what a challenge!  For my Recycle It make I used an old photo frame, and used the old fashioned decoupage technique to make a Christmas Count Down Chalk Board!  I used the glorious paper from Festive Hollybobs collection (available as a CD or as a complete digi download collection!) and then I added some of the gorgeous embellishments from the collection too.  I really hope you enjoy my project and if you click on my name and hop over to my blog I have added the full details of how I made it :D  Happy Crafting, Sandie xxx


Anjie -  I've done a few of those word picture for people lately and I take the mount out as I don't use it. So I have a few of these mounts and so thought I would use one of those.
I started by going around the outside with a black marker and then adding a piece of pink card. I then printed out some papers from the Pretty Sweet CD and used the pink one on the mount and the blue one to cut a border and place on the mount. I then coloured in the sweet Amelia Braids image using my Graph'It Markers. I cut out a fence from a Marriane die to sit Amelia on, and the bird house and bird. More details on my blog

Yvonne -Well I was a but stumped for this challenge but my lovely fellow teamies reminded me that I didn't need to overthink this theme. I had a rummage through a few drawers and in my bedside cabinet I found this.
I have no idea what it is or where I got it from, but I thought to myself, I can use this, I'm going to call it gauze ribbon.  I didn't want to make a card for this, so I decided to dig out the tissue paper and make a candle. I simply printed the coloured image from 'Work & Play; Festiv Hollibobs' which is available as a CD-Rom, a digi download collection. If you like the image, she is available as a single digi image or as a rubber stamp.  Once printed onto tissue paper, I cut round the image, laid it onto the candle, wrapped some greaseproof paper round it and used my heat gun.  I then wrapped my found ribbon round the candle and then overlaid some satin red ribbon on top.  I quickly cut a ponsietta out, sprayed it with glitter spray and glued it on.
...and then I found out what it was - it is May Arts Web ribbon from Polkadoodles HERE!! LOL!

Susan - I just could'nt think what to recycle ! anyway I found a tub of yummy Orange biscuits so I made a cup-pa  sat down and ate the lot and this is what I was left with and now the fun begins ...!
 I used papers and embellishments from the Festive Hollybobs CD (now available as a download) and the adorable button embellishments and tiny pompom trim are fromThe Polkadoodles Shop.  This is the end product and lots more close-up pictures on my blog....
Sue: This weeks challenge is recycle. I chose to recycle a book as I have always wanted to try one of these. I took an old book and folded all the pages in half then I cover the cover with backing papers  and distressed the. I then decorated it with flowers and tags  and a bow all using the papers from       Winston  and then I added Etty Bear from same cd....

Bev here with my recycled project I picked up an el cheapo clock and gave it a Polkadoodles makeover.....Before....

.....I coloured a digi of Piper with my Graph'it Markers to make the clock face. Details on my blog
I used my distress inks on the edges of all papers & doilies and cut different sizes to add interest to the clock frame. The papers and flowers are from the oh so versatile Winston CD Rom its also available as a digital download HERE

After.....

I think it's certainly brightened up an otherwise rather dull and boring looking clock. I can't wait to see what you all come up with this fortnight.

Jenny here with my project for this recycled challenge. I have used one of the famous IKEA mirrors and made it into a Christmas mirror for my friends granddaughter.
I have used the Festive Hollybobs for the project with one of Nikky's chalkboard stamps. I printed out the backing papers and covered the frame with them. I was going to include the Santa digi  but after getting this far decided he wasn't really needed.  The snow is done with a coarse texture gel and sprinkled with glitter but it doesn't show in the picture, there are more details on my blog.


Frezja - Hi all Kasia here :) Recycling is my middle name so I'm happy and I will show you my mini album made from toilet paper rolls.... :)
Nothing throws ahahah :) Tutorial on how to do this mini can be found on my blog here.
I have used lovely paper from Winston CD :) and the roses from Rose Budd CD
Have a nice day all, :)





WOW!  Fantastic creations from the Design Team this week.
Hope it inspires you to Recycle something and join our challenge

Can't wait to see what you are all creating.
Please do not forget, there are a maximum of 2 entries per person.
Have a fabulous week everyone.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!