Friday 3 October 2014

Week 40 - Anything but square Polkadoodles Challenge

Happy Friday Everyone!
Before we get started with today's challenge we just have to show you the lovely new digis that are in the store now...
meet Octavia....
Isn't she lovely? You can get her in the store HERE!

Today we start a brand new challenge
Anything Not Square
You have until Friday 17th October to enter at noon GMT. Just please follow the rules in the sidebar. You don't have to use our products to enter!

Sooo let's see what fantastic inspiration the team have created for us...

Jenny - As this week is anything but square I think this will fit the bill, I have promised the girls in work I'd make an Advent Calendar so used the Festive Hollybobs for the backing papers and the little gingerbread men. More details are on my blog.

Sandie - Shaped cards is not my favourite thing (just incase you haven't heard me mention it lol) but I used this times challenge theme to show that the fabulous Festive Hollybobs CD is so versatile that it can make fun cards easier...and trust me, if I can do it anyone can lol :D  All my elements, papers, main image and the shape for the card itself were all taken from the CD!  I just added a couple of little bits from my stash and if you click on my name it will take you to my blog and full details of how I made it...I really hope you like it and I look forward to your Anything but Square entries...happy crafting...Sandie xx


Sue.... hi this challenge is not to make a square card so I made a circle easel card - I have used Claude from Polkadoodles Pretty Tuff....The papers are printed from the same cd. I inked all the edges and I coloured Claude with my copic pens....I also added some card candy to edges and added sentiments also from the same collection...

Yvonne - I opted to use a shaped card blank for this challenge and I have used 'Winston' from the uber special 'Winston Collection'. I went with the great image of Winston sitting in his chair reading his paper. I coloured him with my Graph'It Markers and decided to colour him using the textured effect. A full list of the colours used are on my blog. I distressed the papers, which are also from the collection, added some grosgrain ribbon and perfect pearls. All the embellishments are from the collection.
Susan - .I have used Papers ,embellishments , and one of  the adorable digis from the new  Winston CD
He is coloured with my amazing Graphit Markers ,I cut out a W and made into a 3D object  ,then used all my bits n bobs to embellish it and this is the end result.I do hope you like it,now I cant wait to see your amazing makes .
 

Katie Good Day Hope that you are having a good week. We have to make a card that isn't square. I have used and old Jigsaw piece for my creation this week. I used Pretty Tuff CD ROM to create my spooky make this week. I cannot wait to see what you all come up with. Have fun and Keeeeeeeeeep Crafting xx

Bev here with my creation for this week. I'm not sure what you call them so I've opted for a 'dangler'. I've used a variety of goodies from Polkadoodles. The heart is a cutting file from Picnix 1 CD Rom covered with backing paper from Pretty Sweet the digi is the adorable Piper coloured with Graph'it's and the flowers are from Nikky's latest collection Winston

Claire C  I'm useless at shaped cards so I've taken the easy optiion and just used a shaped card blank. I've used the adorable Ballerina image from Work and Play 2, she's also available as a digital stamp too (you can find her here). I've coloured her with PanPastels and used some of the gorgeous papers and ephemera from the Rose Budd Collection. The sentiment is also from Work and Play 2 and I've added some little Laser Art corners from Dutch Doobadoo.

Anjie - I have used the Dutch Doobadoo shape art square 15x15cm to create my shaped card. The image is from the Work & Play Festive Hollybobs CD as are the papers. The collection is also available as an instant download too! She is coloured with my Graph'It Markers

Kasia-Frezja - hi all :) For my card I used the cardboard circle, I put cardstock and picture of a snowman from CD Festive Hollybobs . A few flowers, some leaves and card is done :)
Thank you for your attention and have a nice day :) xx



Stunning creations this week and lots of inspiration for our
Anything but Square
Remember you have until 17th October to enter!

We'll announce last time's winners next week so we hope to see lots of entries for this one!
See you next week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!