Friday 19 September 2014

Week 38 - It's a Sketch - Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge

Hey everyone, guess what?  It's Friday!!
Hope you have all had a fabulous crafting week.

Did you know that Polkadoodles is not just all about CD's and digital products?  

There are so many different items available in the Polkadoodles Shop.
Everything from clear and rubber stamps, lots of new Christmas stamps too if you are ready to get organised, papers, embellishments, you name it......Individual Digital stamps and collections for immediate download!
Why not grab a tea/coffee and go take a browse!
There really are some super yummy products in the store!

As a special token of our appreciation Nikky decided it was time we had a little discount code especially for all you blog readers who join us every week
So, simply enter code PDBL0010 
and you will save a 
huge fat 10% off everything 
in the shop until Tuesday! 
WOW!!! Go grab some bargains! 

We have a new challenge for you for this fortnight......it's a sketch.

You can interpret this how you wish and the hearts can be any shape you like.
You do not have to use Polkadoodles products on your creations to enter our challenges.
You have until noon GMT, Friday 3 October to enter.
Please follow our rules which can be found in the side bar here ------>

The winner of this challenge will receive 4 Digi downloads 
 of their choice from the store.

The Design Team have done an amazing job with this wonderful sketch so here's the teams' inspiration for you....

Scatty Jan - What a lovely sketch this time - I used the fantastic Work and Play Festive Hollybobs collection. The flower and holly have been layered to give some depth.


Karon - I am not really one for sketches, as I am not very good.  However, I love this sketch and it was so easy to use.  I replaced the two hearts with the two main characters from the new Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD.  All the papers and embellishments are from this wonderful CD.  The sentiment is from the Cherryblossom Lane CD.  I distressed all the edges and inked them up.


Samantha K - I have used the Work and Play 6 collection to create my card. I have used the barmaid image merged with part of the barman image, to create a more fuller bar scene :) This image is perfect whether giving to a friend who likes to celebrate or someone that works behind a bar.You can find more details and photos on MY BLOG


Cheremane - I have used the papers from Pretty Sweet Cd I adore the girls on this disk and the papers really are stunning. I decided this time to let the papers speak for themselves on my inspiration as you really can't beat having the perfect papers at your finger tips ready to print when you need them and not only that you can print as many as you want.


Melanie -  I love using sketches - it's great how you're freed up to think about colours, images and embellishments without worrying about placement - the results are always fabulous! I used the Work & Play 6 CD again for this one. The cleaning lady is such a fab image and I love that vacuum-patterned paper! I made the coiled flowers by tightly curling a strip of patterned paper using a quilling tool. Some bright felt flowers added an extra splash of colour while some lilac gems and buttons finished the effect.


Asha - Yes.... I made a Christmas card. It's hard to say no to the Festive Hollybobs CD. Lots of layering made easy with scrumptious papers from the CD. Not to mention tons of embellishments, digis and sentiments to choose from. Extras from my stash: bits of ribbon and 3 red bling ... that's all it needs!

AnnaRecently I am delighted with the new Winston collection from Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD . However, even though this time I used papers from this collection for die cut elements, I decided to do something different - not with bears or other cute pictures but a card for a wedding. Besides, the hearts in the maps inspired me to to something wedding themed. Additional elements, which give this card a pretty touch are my favorite tulle, flowers, crystals and beads on a string.


Lou: I have used Winston (from the Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD) to create my birthday card. All elements for my card are from the CD. I have coloured Winston with my PrismaColour pencils.


SusanI have used Amelia 15 from the Polka Doodles CD,  Pretty Sweet. I have coloured her with my Copic pens. Background papers and sentiment are also from the same cd.




Fabulous creations from my teamies, don't you agree?!

Now it's your turn to get creating and enter our challenge
by following the above sketch - we can't wait to see how you interpret it.
Don't forget there is a limit of two entries per person.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!