Friday 14 February 2014

Wk 7 Polkadoodles Challenge....LOVE/ROMANCE

Happy Valentine's day everyone! May your day be filled with love and romance today with flowers, chocolate and glitter!

Before we get to today's challenge our very gorgeous and talented Jan has a fantastic tutorial for you today so make sure you check out her blog HERE to get a great idea and some fab inspiration! We love it! 

We also need to tell you our big news about the Digi Choosday challenge - our Tuesday challenge has now moved to it's own blog - so please make sure you head over there and sign up for the Tuesday challenges and follow us at
http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/
....we'll be bringing you some great blog hops between the teams and lots of fun things in the coming weeks so you don't want to miss out on our blog feed! 


So onto today's challenge!....
Of course it would simply be rude not to use 

Love/Romance

as the theme for today.  We are changing our rules slightly here so you now need to follow the challenge theme please! The great news is we are now giving you even longer to enter though so you now have until Fri 28th Feb at noon to enter! 

The winner of this challenge will win our brand new Dollie Goes East collection!
You can see the winners of our Week 5 challenge at the end of the post, but let's see what the Design Team have done with the theme this week!.....

LizzieFor my card I used my Graphics program and used a heart shaped outline. I then filled it with Dragonflies and Butterflies resizing and flipping them from the Dolly Daydream Goes East CD. The sentiment is also from the CD, I'm so loving this CD !! I then printed and cut out the heart so you cant see the outline. 

Ruth: I've kept it very clean and simple again this week - I've used the Sleepyhead digi but only used the sentiment which has been coloured with Promarkers and glossy accents. A few half pearls and the job is done!

Zoe - So love is in the air today, but I thought I'd go off the usual and use the non traditional colours of purple and yellow to design this card. I used the stunning Dollie Daydream goes East collection to print off papers, sentiment scroll, embellishments and gorgeous image. I coloured the image with markers including Graph It's and used them to coordinate the tickets and flowers. I absolutely love this collection!!
Scatty Jan For my project today I have made a little post it holder using the fantastic Dollie Daydream goes East collection - I used promarkers to colour and on the sea I have used clear micro glass beads - The paper is also from the collection along with the Sentiment  and dragonflies and butterflies xx
Claire C I've used the fab Cherry Blossom Lane Cd for my card, these bunnies are adorable! I've coloured the image with Graph'It markers (the warm greys and pink greys are perfect for fur) and used a couple of the gorgeous bps from the CD too.
Anjie - On my card this week the papers, embellishments, sentiment tickets and scroll are all from the new Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection. I cut out some paper in the shape of a heart, and made rolled roses to put around the heart. I've used distress ink around the edges of everything. I then added some faux stitching around the background paper using the Studio 12 Distressed Zig & Zag A5 stamp set

Katie - Love is in the air and on my card this week I have used a graphics program to set out the card and add dimension.  I used the Dollie Daydream Goes East CD I placed the digi image on the layout and coloured her in with my alcoholic markers.I glossy accented the letters that spell out the word 'love'. I used glitter glue on the fan and then coloured in the flowers on each corner with my markers. And then embellished with some Chinese wooden beads and ribbon. Have a romantic day and Keeeeeep Crafting xx Katie xx


Shell- At the moment I have a thing for cas cards and this image is just perfect for this style...I have used one of the new Dollie images and have coloured her with copics and promarkers. You can get Dollie here..I then just added a ribbon and a few brads to finish it off.
Susan   For the Love theme this week I have used an image from the Fredericka CD also available as a digi download and coloured her with Graph'It markers.The papers are from the Picknix collection.
Fantastic cards this week, so pretty!  Don't forget you MUST follow the Love challenge theme and get your entries in by 28th February.

So let's get to last time's winner. 

Our Random Winner from Week 5 is....#6 Erin

Well done Erin!! You won a copy of our Goes East collection worth £15!
The design team's top 3 favourite entries are:
# 23 Jane
# 32 Holly
# 39 Rachel
Well done everyone, grab your blinkies and email us here to claim your prize Erin!

Please don't forget that we will be back on Tuesday over on the Digi Choosday blog with another great digi challenge but We will see you back here next week! 
Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
3. Maximum of 2 entries per person!




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's my name in the top 3! Thank you so very, very much! Congratulations to all the other winners, such amazing creations. And of course fab DT makes too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous projects ladies. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for picking my card in the top 3! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to the winner and lovely top 3 projects. Am I missing it or is the linky missing for today's love challenge? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done winners and gorgeous creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good challenges, and fabulous examples from the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute design team samples. Thank you for the "love and romance" challenge this week. Perfect for Valentine's week!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!