Friday 21 February 2014

Week 8 Polkadoodles challenge - SUGAR and SPICE

Hi everyone, welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!

We've had a really busy week here as it was the UK's annual craft trade show last weekend so we were at the NEC for 3 days seeing all our lovely crafty friends and looking at what's new in the industry.  We have LOADS of fabulous new paper products on the website too which were launched at the show so make sure you head over to Polkadoodles now to have a look!

Also, just a little reminder about our Social Networks - did you know you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest? So come and join us and get all the heads up on new stuff and all the news and gossip before anyone else gets it!

We've all been busy creating for you this week again and before we get to this week's theme, don't forget you still have time to enter our previous challenge too and be in the running for some great stash...
So, this week's theme is a popular one....

Sugar and Spice

You can interpret this how you wish, it can mean lots of things to lots of people!

The winner of this great challenge will be in a Random draw to win a
 Polkadoodles goodie Bag worth £50!
Woohoo!! This will include all sorts of stash including dies, cd's, stamps and who knows what else!
You have until Friday 7th March at noon GMT to enter and please make sure you follow the rules which are in the sidebar ------>

We are playing catchup with our new rules since changing the entry dates so we don't have a winner to announce this week but we hope you'll join in this great challenge and join us again next week too.

Don't forget our other challenge at Digi Choosday is on the go for you to enter and also make sure you head over to the Studio 12 where we have THE most amazing inspiration for you this week!

So let's get to the Design Team's fantastic inspiration for this week....

Ruth: I've gone way back to Paper Boutique Vol 3 to make my sample for this week. I've used the A5 template, printed all the elements, cut them out and layered up, adding punched stars and ribbon to close the card

Katie Ohhh Sugar and Spice and all things yummy. But my cupcake has No calories! I made this cupcake pin cushion with papers from Pick n Mix Collection One CD and the Flower was made using the Love and Cherish CD. The flowers round the outside of the cake was made with the background papers from the Pick n Mix Collection One cd then punched out with a flat back pearl for the centre. The stand was made using my electronic cutting machine.  Have fun and Keeeeeeeeeep Crafting xoxo

Bev here, for my project I went with a shaped card using a template from the brilliant Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD Rom it's so easy to use and the end result looks fab, I'm sure you'll agree.


Lou: I've gone for the traditional "Sugar and Spice" for my project and have made a baby card to welcome a new baby girl. The papers and bear image are from a Sundae of Seasons CD (Spring section) with the remainder of everything else being made using a plethera of Studio 12 stamps. Full details of everything used can be found on my blog HERE.

 

Scatty Jan For my sugar and spice project I went with a birthday card - I used the very cute Cory from tte Pretty Tuff CD - the little train is also from the CD as is the sentiment - I coloured in using Graph'it Markers along with promarkers and I am so pleased how well they work together - I normally struggle with boy's cards but since seeing this CD I will not struggle again xx


Susan  For my project this week I have used everything from the Sugarplum daisy CD
this is an absolutely fabulous jam packed CD and the backing papers are to die for, amazing sentiments ,backgrounds ,digi stamps and lots more

Patty - Ohhh Sugar and Spice. All papers and images are from the  Sugarplum daisy CD collection.
added the two contrasting mini bow, inked the edge of the image and as a finished touch the purple rhinestones at the right bottom.

Nikky...My interpretation of Sugar and Spice is the girly theme so I've gone for a Tomboy-ish image on my creation this week, giving me the best of both worlds! (or maybe I cheated a little haha!)...I've used papers from the Picknix 1 Collection together with the Rainy Days digistamp which you can either find on it's own here or in the Girl Talk collection. Head over to my blog to see how I made this card and find out more...


So there's our inspiration this week!
Remember you have until 7th March to enter this one and there's that big £50 prize up for grabs so make sure you're in it to win it!

We look forward to seeing all your great creations as always and we'll see you here again next week!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

12 comments:

  1. who was the winner of week 4? I still can't find it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winners name and Top 3 are found at the bottom of Week 6s challenge. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I have a hard time determining when the deadline for all of PD's challenges are. Is this one next Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All current challenges are shown at the top of the blog in a seperate pinned post called "Polka Doodle current challenge details". At present there are 3 challenges running, each ending at different dates. I hope this helps but if you have any additional questions, please continue to post them here. Many thanks for taking the time to join in with Polka doodle Challenges.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful projects! Love what the DT has done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have entered as number 11 but Mister Linky doesn't seem to like my thumbnail- not sure why! Not sure if this means that my link has worked or not. Please remove it if it isn't working. Thanks for the great challenges and inspiration. Vikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I tried to upload my picture again and this time it worked but it's jumped me back into number 11- hope this hasn't messed up everyone elses :-)

      Delete
  5. Such sugar and spice gorgeousness up there- will take some time to go and look at them all ,, first I'll go and get a cuppa lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these cards are awesome. Love the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects from the DT and fun challenge to play along with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dt inspiration, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!