Friday 17 January 2014

Wk 3 Polkadoodles Challenge....Anything Goes/Girl Talk!

Happy Friday again and another challenge! 

This week we've all been super busy, we have some fabulous new things to show you really soon and it's very exciting! Firstly don't forget to watch Create and Craft on Tuesday 21st Jan at 1pm to see Nikky on the Graph'It show but you might also be able to catch a snippet of our latest collection too ; )....
http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/

This week as ever our challenge for all of you is 

Anything Goes

but if you can join in we have challenged the DT to go 
Girl Talk! Yes we are loving the girly theme so we're still in the zone this week!

The winner of this challenge will win Downloads to the value of £10 - woohooo!!! 
Make sure you get your entries in by Sun 26th at noon!
Remember you do NOT have to use our products 
(although obviously we would love it if you did)

Ruth:  I've gone very clean and simple this week - I've used the coloured digis from Dollie Daydream Girl Talk, printed them directly onto my cardstock and also added one of the sentiments.  The half pearls are from my stash.  Great quick and easy cards for when you're in a hurry!
Zoe - So we were asked to bring out our girlie side this week, and for me, that means shoes! I chose this gorgeous digi from the stunning new Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD to make this calendar hanging. I printed out the images a number of times as I wanted to decoupage various sections and coloured each top part with a mix of markers. Simple matting and layering along with a calendar block and ribbon finished it all off.

Anjie - For my project this week I thought  it doesn't get more girly than fabulous shoes does it!
The image, papers and sentiment are from the fabulous new Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD Collection. I have coloured the image with Graph 'It Markers. The flowers on the shoes are highlighted with Glitter Shake - Graph'It Markers. I've matted the papers onto black card to make the papers pop out more. I've made some rolled roses from the same papers and added a bow, some hat pins and die cut banners. 
Shell-Well what can I say about this new collection except that it super girlie, it's filled with shoes, bags and make up too...I picked my fave shoe digi and I left it plain and simple to show the shoes off. The image was coloured with copics and promarkers, and the papers were off the cd too

Scatty Jan One of my favourite themes Girly  and I love this new collection Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD Collection. For my project I used the lovely Parfum bottle and made a shaped card. I decoupaged the bow and the heart and added some gems xx

Lizzie - Well don't all girls have to have their lippy ???? lol !! So I thought I would use one of the embellishments to make a card and bag with. Of course I used the new FABULOUS CD Dolly Daydream !! I took the lipstick image from the elements section into my graphics program 4 times. Lined them up and flipped two images so that the back has lipsticks too !! Cut it out, folded and then cut out another of the two front lipsticks so I could decoupage up. I printed and cut out a girlie, added her to the card along with a sentiment !

I then made a gift bag to match using a white bag and cutting it down !!
So loving this CD !!
Katie New Year New you, and what better way to begin with having a play with the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD ROM.  This is such a fab new CD I have really enjoyed playing with my girly side. I love mixed media and thought that I would do something a little different. I have fashioned my paper fan with wooden coffee stir sticks and the flowers are from the Build a Fleur flower section on the CD.  The digi stamp was coloured and cut out to put onto the fan, which can be hung on the wall or popped on an easel to display it. I love the CD and cannot wait to make more! Have fun and Keeeeeeeep Crafting xx

Lou: I have also used one of the girl images for my large tag. I was inspired by the sentiments on the Dolly Day Dream CD and this is what sparked me to make my tag. A bit of doodling and some handmade backgrounds using the papers and mediums, and my tag was finished.

 Rebekah - Gosh I just love girlie themes and the new Dolly daydream CD is perfect for all your girlie needs! Here I have made a card using papers and image from the new CD along with rolled rose flowers and sentiment also from the fab CD!!!

Susan This is my first  make for Polkadoodles DT and what a fabulous new CD to start with Dollie Daydream a real girly CD. I have used the papers to cover my project and make the flowers , toppers to embellish the inside and digis coloured with Graph'it Markers for the outside . there's lots more pictures on my blog

Claire C What could be more girly than shopping and who could resist popping in to this gorgeous little shop?? The new Girl Talk collection is crammed full of the most adorable images


I'm sure you'll agree this week's creations are STUNNING!!

Finally, our Random Winner from Week 1 is
No 2 KYM
Well done! Email us here to claim your prize!

Our Top 3 faves from Week 1 are:
#44 Meg
#47 Julie P
#53 Wenche
Well done everyone - grab your blinkies from the sidebar! 

Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 26th January at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you!
Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
3. Maximum of 2 entries per person!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work everyone!
    Love your girly creations.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    (PS your closing date still says Jan 12th)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and lots of inspiration from the Dt's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely inspiration!
    I have an "oops" - my finger hit the wrong key and something happened - not sure what - at any rate, #3 is kind of an incomplete entry. I will do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the inspiration and a wonderful challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for picking my card for Top 3!
    Hugs, Wenche :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration each week thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration from some talented crafters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another great challenge and for the gorgeous DT inspirations x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!