Tuesday 17 December 2013

Digi Choosday Wk 9 ....Anything Goes challenge with a Ho Ho Ho!

Hi everyone - he's nearly here! Not many sleeps to go now!

Our challenge this week for you is, as always, 
Anything Goes
but for the Design Team this week it is
Ho Ho Ho Christmas!
We hope you join in the challenge with us - you have until Thurs 26th Dec to enter and our random winner will be announced on Tues 31st Dec. The winner of this challenge will get a great download bundle worth £10 and our 3 runners up will also get downloads too!

Let's see what the team came up with for this challenge and you can see the winners of our last challenge at the bottom of the post : )

Anjie
For my card this week I have used the cute Emma Canning Deer Girl  image which is available as an instant download. I have coloured her with my Graph 'It Markers and then sprayed over it with some Graph'It Mix It Fluid which gives the effect that her clothes are wooly and fluffy. The papers are from the Christmas Joy Download Bundle which is also available as an instant download. This kit contains 38 individual elements which are:

  • 13 Coloured Embellishments
  • 10 Sentiments
  • 2 Borders
  • 13 x A4 Backing Papers (patterned)
I have cut the poinsettia from a template I have and added some cosmic shimmer for the centre. The snowflakes are cut using a Marianne D die.

For my project this week I decided to make a Christmas Tag , I love using lots of white and that owl is just cutest. You can find the owl and many more on the Christmas Joy download bundle already pre - coloured - I have used Distress Ink for just a touch of colour along with some ribbon and lace. 
Sarah -I took the 'Ho Ho Ho' literally and made a card with Father Christmas on it!!  The image is an Emma Canning digi - Sooty Santa - coloured in with my ProMarkers.  I added some brick detail to the chimney pot after I'd coloured him in - cut him out with a Nestie, chalked for a background and dotted some glitter glue about for a bit of bling!  Papers are from Paper Boutique II and the ribbon, sentiment and embellishment from my stuff. 
Zoe - This week I used the gorgeous Bauble Gown digi by Emma Canning as my main image to create a place card for my Christmas table. I coloured her with a mix of markers including Graph It's and added letters that I coloured to match as well as the sentiment ticket to finish it all off.
Debbi - Well, it's nearly time for the man in the red suit to visit us all, so this week I have made a cute little Santa gift bag and matching 'Ho Ho Ho' card using the Christmas Joy bundle. I used foam pads on most of the pieces to give a 3D effect.
Jo- For my project this week I had to use one of the cute pre-coloured toppers from the Christmas Joy bundle. I added some red gems to the owl's santa hat and combined some shop bought flowers with a rolled rose made from some of the left over paper I had printed, I didn't want to waste anything! 
Sally - So here we are again! Ho Ho Ho! Santa will be here soon.  I chose  this cute owl from one of the digi bundles Christmas Joy and the backing paper and printed them out. So quick and easy. I cut out a scalloped circle using a Spellbinders die. I then matted the backing paper on some red cardstock. Cut out a bow and printed a sentiment from the Home for Christmas CD Rom and there it is.
Susan  My make this week is a Christmas decoration, I have used a cheap mdf  house which I painted with white gesso ,added some modelling paste for the snow ,red pleated ribbon and other bits n bobs.
the papers are from Christmas joy download bundle and the Christmas angel is from angelberrys digi download and coloured with Graph'it markers.
So there's the inspiration for today! 
I'm sure you'll agree that they're all superb makes again this week, love love love all the work these guys have put in!

The random winner of our week 5 challenge is
No 37: Ellen - you won £5 of downloads woohoo!
and our Top 3 as voted by the team are:
No 3, Meg, No 11, Mirella and  No 31, KT Fit Kitty
Well done everyone! 
Ellen email us here to claim your prize and everyone grab your blinkies from the sidebar!

Remember you do NOT have to use our products to enter (although obviously we would love it if you did) , just add your entry to Mr Linky below and pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Friday for our usual Polkadoodles challenge....

Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing my card on your Top 3! and congratulations to the winner and other top3!!!!
    Mirella DK xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, DT! Thank you for hosting this Ho Ho Ho Anything Goes challenge! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations from the Dt's and congrats to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DT creations are wonderful but there are two in particular that I am in awe of. Thanks for the opportunity to win some goodies.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Top 3 pick - I don't know how I missed it but I'm glad I noticed it today! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!