Friday 1 March 2013

Week 9 - Spring Flowers

Good morning everyone, Friday is here again and it's time for a new challenge here at Polka Doodles. However, before we get to that, we're delighted to announce that we have a new Design Team member joining our overseas ladies - Manderly from the USA. You'll find her first creation below and it's a real stunner despite her being somewhat printer challenged at the moment! Be sure to go and leave her some love too.

We also need to announce the winners from the Week 7 challenge - Shabby Chic and you really rocked this challenge but sadly there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Paper Profusion (Nicola)  - you win a £10 Voucher for the Polka Doodles shop and please use the code PD1W0907 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Alyce  - you also win £10 Voucher and please use the code PD2W0907
3rd Place - Lady E  - you also win a £10 Voucher and please use the code PD3W0907

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

Over at Polkadoodles and Studio 12 we've launched a HUGE range of stunning new stamp designs which are FLYING out of the door - we know you're going to LOVE them all! It's been so busy the DT don't even have their samples yet but here's a little peek at some of the goodies you can get your hands on...

 Nikky has collaborated with super talented Canadian designer Susan K Weckesser to bring you a wonderful range of clear stamps for the Studio 12 range....pure delight! But Nikky has also brought you lots of other designs for Studio 12 which we know are long awaited...they will make you squeal!




We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Now for the challenge and this week we would like to see your creations with Spring Flowers and just take a look at all the fabulous floral projects the Design Team have whipped up for your inspiration. We have some fab prizes this week too
as the Top 3 will all win a copy of the latest Cherryblossom Lane CD!

Asha - I'm celebrating Spring with a flower-fest. PolkaDoodles Cherry Blossom Lane is just perfect for this season... and I went all out with the flower theme! I started with a lovely soft pink floral background, next came a soft blue panel of white blossoms, then I fussy cut a blossom border and lastly, a quintessentially Spring image, Maypole Dancers.... all from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD. To finish a bodacious blue (floral) bow from my stash.


Sally - I thought I would make a little gift box using the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom images and toppers. I love this CD Rom there are so many super images to choose from. I made a five inch box and lined the inside with papers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom and then printed out one of the background toppers and the little flower fairy (I scaled her down to fit the background image) Sprinkled her with fairy dust and the roof of the little toadstool house and edged the image with a Martha Stewart around the page punch (ladybugs) adhere a butterfly from my crafty stash.


Fliss - My project this week is a very flowery wreath with a cute bunny centre piece made with lots of elements from the Cherryblossom Lane CD which is full of very pretty Spring papers and embellies. I printed out the flowers and cute bunnies and a butterfly then covered a recycled grey board circle with some peach polka dot paper then added all the elements with foam tape. I finished off with some bright yellow ribbon and the friends text.


Astrid - I have made a card with a lovely image from the CD Double Sprinkles of Kraft.
Its a lovely lady and I coloured her with my Copic Markers. I wanna do it in blue, green and yellow because for me those are the colours of spring.
I used paper of my local store and the flowers are handmade with an ornament from Marianne Design.
Some pearls in the corner and my card is finished.


Karon - My project this week is a card for my Grandmother who turns 92 in May.  I decided to use the topper/paper and sentiment from the Cherryblossom Lane CD.  The plain papers are from my stash and I added a lovely bow and some brads to add some more detail.  I have popped up the topper and the sentiment and added the extra butterfly.  All my layers have been inked.


Miria With this card I gave a go to the new supercute Time for Tea digis you can find here , I coloured this pretty girl with Zig Kuretake Art & Graphic and waterpencils and paperpieced her clothes. Papers and sentiment  are from cd Sugarplum Daisy . Just added a bow, some gems and washi tape from stash.


Alethea - I used this cute image, Lily - Bicycle from the Cherryblossom CD. Unfortunately my printer is broken so was unable to print out some papers so decided to create  a little scene instead with some dies with the addition of clouds and rhinestones.


Patty - My card uses cute Bella from the Pretty Sweet CD. I chose bright spring colours and layered up plain and patterned papers with a pretty punched border and some flowers with pearl centres.


 Lidia - My spring card is a pretty shaped style using papers and embellishments from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and cute Fairy Flutterby stamp, Maggie.


Manderly - I'm really excited to share my first card with you today and was a bit challenged as I've run out of coloured ink for my printer so have used lots of plain colours with die cuts and Emma Canning's lovely image from the Valentine challenge for my shaped creation. My sentiment is from the Heritage Download Bundle that Nikky sent me. Hope you like it!


What fabulous inspiration! You have until 12 noon on Sunday 10 March to enter and hope to see you here. Good luck!

......................................................................................



11 comments:

  1. Hurrah!! Thank-you so much for selecting my card - I'm thrilled to win! Congratulations to Alyce and Lady E too. Thanks again, Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous DT cards as usual. Can I ask how I add the 2nd place blinkie to my blog as I was lucky enough to come 2nd in the Valentine challenge but cant for the life of me get it to work.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please remove me from the entry. I don't have a gravatar or image of myself to upload. I guess I won't enter. kren

    ReplyDelete
  4. SORRY !!!
    I've entered twice. I'm having computer problems at the mo, I'm not able to link to some challenges and didn't realise I'd already linked once.
    GREAT CHALLENGE !!!! I love spring.
    Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards girls!!!. Welcome to the team Manderly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - really beautiful creations from your DT - very inspirational and the new products look brilliant too! Thank you for the challenge ladies hugs Karen P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful challenges and the gorgeous creations by the DT. They are always so inspirational. Have a fabulous day!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creations, lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great challenge- such a range of ideas from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful challenge and fantastic inspiration from the DT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the wonderful theme and for the amazing DT work for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!