Friday 18 January 2013

Week 3 - Stitching (Real or faux) and Lace

Hello folks, hope you're managing to keep warm in the current chilly weather, or at least those of you in the UK as the weather elsewhere is a bit unknown to us here!
It's Friday again so it's time for a new challenge but don't forget that there are still a couple of days to go on our Blog Hop challenge of last week using a really sweet free digi exclusively designed for us by Emma Canning - you'll find the link in the sticky at the top.
This week the challenge is to make a project using:

Stitching (Real or Faux) With Lace

Before we get to the Design Team inspiration, we need to announce the winners from our Week 1 Blog Hop. The entries were all gorgeous so thank you to all who took part but there can only be 3 winners and those lucky crafters are:
First place - Debbie Johns - you win 3 Download Bundles and please use the code PD1W0301 to claim your prize.
A tie for second place between Mi (Crafty Bit) and Manuela - you both win a Download Bundle and please use the code PD2W0301 to claim your prizes.
Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky with your postal details. 

 We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


We have some very special prizes this week as our Nikky is celebrating her birthday so the fabulous first prize is a £30 Goodie Bag! The second and third placed winners will each receive a Hoots Download Bundle. 
Happy Birthday Nikky!

Now for some gorgeous Design Team inspiration!
Good luck with the challenge - deadline for entries is Sunday 27 January at 12noon GMT.

Anjie For this weeks challenge I've used an image, sentiment and papers from the fabulous Candy Doodles Collectors edition CD. I've pierced around the edges with my pokey tool and then drawn on faux stitches. I've coloured the image using ProMarkers and added a few buttons and a ribbon. I've kept this card quite simple as I usually do with male cards.


Asha - This week I'm channelling spring and made a "New Home" card with these fresh and beautiful papers from the Cherryblossom Lane CD. The pretty birdhouse image is from the In The Garden CD and I coloured it with alcohol markers. There's plenty of stitching and lace and teeny tiny twine bows to  make the love-birds feel at home.


Sally - This week's challenge is Stitching and Lace so this is my card called "Put Your Feet Up!"
I decided to look at the Cherryblossom Lane CD for inspiration. I found this lovely image of Mr. Bunny in his PJs, so I went from there.  I printed out the gingham pattern onto textured card stock so it looked like material and cut out a duvet and pillow using my Spellbinders dies, edged it in lace and put faux stitching around it. The hessian dotty background came from Picknix 1 CD in the Welcome Home papers. I added three ticket sentiments also from the Picknix 1 CD and coloured them with pan pastels.


Karon - For this weeks challenge I was quite surprised to actually find lace in my stash!  I used papers and the sentiment from the Sundae of Seasons CD - such pretty colours and shapes for all the different seasons.  I went for something to remind me of Spring because we have so much snow on the ground at the moment.  I inked all the edges of all the layers, added a little faux stitching around the edge of my orange layer.  And then added a little crocheted flower and button to finish off.


Miria  This cute couple of  bunnies from the Cherryblossom Lane CD is just perfect for my quick and easy wedding card , the paper is from the same cd. I decorated the back with another coloured stampie, added some faux stitching with Silver Wink of Stella and some lace, that's it!



Fliss I've gone all cute for my card this week and I've used a pre-coloured image as I'm a bit short on time at the moment. The cute bunny and all the other elements on my creation are from the gorgeous Cherryblossom Lane CD. My paper has stitching in the design and I added faux stitching with a bright pink gel pen. I added some pretty lace on either side of the image panel and finished off with the lovely butterfly.


So there you have it! The challenge runs until 12 noon on Sunday 27 January and good luck!

............................................


10 comments:

  1. Sorry I've managed to enter my card twice. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great samples this week, girls - great job.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration from the DT - love the theme x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dt projects, and really love the theme it really made me think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely challenge and all your wonderfully inspirational creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made it (I think!). Thank you so much for my no 1 slot for week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ignore me and my last minute entry, I just realised I haven't finished the blog hop - got confused - too late now! Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of crafting, I was all on track before I had to work yesterday!!! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy - its good this week wasn't a hop:-)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!